Currently, the domain of cybersecurity is seeing rapid growth and development. The emergence of new career prospects in the sector of cybersecurity is providing individuals with expanded avenues for professional advancement. For anyone seeking to acquire knowledge in the field of cybersecurity, there are several publications available that can greatly enhance the effectiveness and productivity of their learning endeavors. This article provides an overview of the most recommended hacking books on the subjects of ethical hacking and cybersecurity. These literary works will serve as a means to acquaint oneself with novel concepts and facilitate the resolution of inquiries pertaining to the domain of cybersecurity.
What is Cybersecurity?
Prior to delving into an analysis of the most notable cybersecurity literature, it is imperative to provide a succinct overview of the subject matter at hand. Cybersecurity pertains to the implementation of measures aimed at safeguarding programs, networks, computer systems, and their constituent elements against unauthorized digital access and malicious intrusions. These attacks are commonly referred to as cyberattacks.
Cyberattacks have been found to lead to several detrimental consequences for enterprises, including compromise and unauthorized access to sensitive data, financial losses, and reputational damage. Therefore, it is imperative to mitigate cyberattacks, necessitating the implementation of cybersecurity protocols.
What is Ethical Hacking?
The concept of ethical hacking refers to the practice of intentionally and lawfully exploiting computer systems, networks, and software applications in order to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses. In other words, Ethical hacking refers to the systematic identification and exploitation of vulnerabilities within a system. This action is undertaken with the objective of safeguarding the integrity and protection of the system.
Individuals who engage in ethical hacking are commonly referred to as ethical hackers. Ethical hackers engage in hacking activities solely with explicit authorization from relevant authorities. A diverse range of hacking techniques and tools are employed in the execution of ethical hacking.
In this discourse, we shall proceed to present an inventory of the most exemplary publications pertaining to the field of cybersecurity.
Top 10 Hacking Books for Beginners
In this compilation, we have curated a selection of ten exemplary literature resources pertaining to cybersecurity and ethical hacking, which are poised to facilitate the learning process for anyone seeking knowledge in this domain. These can be termed as the World’s Best Ethical Hacking Books. Let us commence:
1. Hacking: A Beginners’ Guide to Computer Hacking, Basic Security, And Penetration Testing
Author: John Slavio
- This book pertaining to the subject of hacking is a useful resource for individuals who are new to the field. This resource can assist individuals in initiating their ethical hacking profession.
- This book encompasses a range of subjects, including the historical development of hacking, the classification of hackers, diverse forms of hacking attacks, vital hacking tools and software, as well as techniques for concealing IP addresses.
- The discourse additionally addresses the subjects of mobile hacking, email address hacking, penetration testing, and spoofing assaults.
2. Hacking: The Art Of Exploitation
Author: Jon Erickson
- The book in question, widely recognized in the field of hacking, comprises two distinct editions, with the first edition being released in 2003 and the second edition following in 2008.
- The primary emphasis of this study is on the domains of network security and computer security. The second version of this book provides an introduction to the C programming language, with a focus on the perspective and techniques employed by hackers. In this course, students will acquire the skills necessary to code computers using the C programming language and shell scripts.
- Within the contents of this book, readers will acquire knowledge pertaining to several ideas, including the manipulation of TCP connections, decryption of encrypted wireless communications, and optimization of brute-force attacks.
3. Metasploit: The Penetration Tester’s Guide
Authors: David Kennedy, Jim O’Gorman, Devon Kearns, and Mati Aharoni
- The Metasploit framework is an essential tool utilized by those with malicious intent to identify and exploit vulnerabilities. Nevertheless, novice users may encounter certain difficulties. Therefore, this literary work aims to provide comprehensive instruction on the subject of Metasploit.
- This book provides an overview of the framework’s interfaces, module system, and advanced penetration testing techniques. These techniques encompass network reconnaissance, client-side attacks, wireless attacks, and targeted social engineering attacks.
- In this course, participants will get knowledge on the integration of NeXpose, Nmap, and Nessus with Metasploit for the purpose of automating the process of discovery.
This ethical hacking book offers a comprehensive curriculum that encompasses a wide range of hacking abilities for learners to acquire.
4. Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
Author: Georgia Weidman
- This book on cyber security provides valuable insights into the practice of penetration testing. Penetration testers are responsible for identifying vulnerabilities in operating systems, networks, and applications.
- The primary emphasis of this book centers on the fundamental skills and procedures needed for a penetration tester. In this context, you will become familiar with the fundamental phases of a genuine assessment, encompassing the collection of information, identification of vulnerabilities, and the acquisition of network access, among other activities.
- Furthermore, the curriculum encompasses instruction on password-cracking techniques, circumventing antivirus software, automating attack procedures, and leveraging the Metasploit framework for executing exploits and developing customized modules, among other educational components.
5. The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Author: Peter Kim
- The current version of the THP – The Hacker Playbook Series is the third edition. This resource introduces novel techniques, assaults, exploits, and tips. In addition to introducing novel topics, the text emphasizes some strategies that were present in earlier iterations.
- The Hacker Playbook 3 – Red Team Edition provides an introduction to the concept of the Red Team. Red Teams are employed to replicate real-world, sophisticated attacks with the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness of an organization’s defense teams.
- Engaging with this material will facilitate the development of one’s proficiency in offensive hacking techniques and strategies for identifying potential attack vectors. Furthermore, the subject matter of this study encompasses real-world attacks, exploitation techniques, the development of custom malware, methods of maintaining persistence, and other related aspects.
6. Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
Authors: Michael Sikorski, Andrew Honig
- Malware refers to a type of software that is intentionally designed to be malicious, typically employed by hackers with the aim of exploiting weaknesses within computer systems. The book titled “Practical Malware Analysis” provides comprehensive instruction on the tools and procedures employed by professionals in the field of cyber security analysis.
- This book provides guidance on the analysis, debugging, and disassembly of malicious software.
- In this course, participants will get knowledge on establishing a secure virtual environment for the purpose of malware analysis. Additionally, they will gain insights into the techniques employed to dissect malware, assess the extent of its impact, remediate network vulnerabilities, and ensure the prevention of future malware occurrences.
7. Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
Author: Christopher Hadnagy
- The success of social engineering tactics relies on exploiting human fallibility in order to obtain access to sensitive and secret data. While it is possible to implement security measures to protect computer systems, it is challenging to ensure the complete safeguarding of data when human involvement is present.
- The book portrays prevalent social engineering techniques and their historical utilization.
- In this course, participants will acquire the skills to critically evaluate prevalent social engineering techniques, study the manipulation of emotions by social engineers, implement effective countermeasures to mitigate hacking risks and explore further relevant topics.
8. Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C
Authors: Bruce Schneier
- The present publication offers a thorough examination of contemporary cryptography within the field of cyber security.
- This document elucidates the manner in which cryptography can be employed by professionals to encode and decode messages.
- The system comprises multiple cryptographic algorithms and demonstrates effective approaches to resolving security issues.
9. Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
Author: Justin Seitz
- Python is a commonly used programming language for developing exploit frameworks. In this tutorial, we will explore the process of creating a trojan command-and-control system, identifying sandboxing techniques, and automating various operations associated with malware. The instructions provided will utilize GitHub as a platform for learning and implementation.
- This book explores the more clandestine aspects of Python’s functionalities, such as the ability to compromise virtual computers, develop network sniffers, and construct covert trojans.
- This book provides an overview of key networking basics, explores online applications, delves into techniques for Windows privilege escalation, and examines many relevant topics.
10. The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws
Author: Dafydd Stuttard and Marcus Pinto
- The primary topic of the second edition of this book pertains to the examination of contemporary Web applications, with particular emphasis on their vulnerability to assaults and the perpetration of fraudulent activities.
- This article discusses the most recent systematic approaches for both launching and safeguarding against a wide variety of constantly developing Web apps. Additionally, the paper addresses several topics, such as emerging remoting frameworks, the utilization of HTML5, the concept of UI redress, and the occurrence of hybrid file attacks, among others.
- Furthermore, outside of the aforementioned principles, there exist other notable concepts such as Attacking Authentication, Attacking the Application Server, and Finding Vulnerabilities in Source Code, among others.
How to Choose the Best Book for Hacking?
When pursuing knowledge in the field of hacking, it is imperative to select a book that not only imparts technical proficiency but also places significant emphasis on the ethical dimensions associated with hacking. The term “hacking” spans a wide range of specialties within the subject, including penetration testing, exploit creation, and network security.
Presented below is a comprehensive resource aimed at assisting individuals in selecting the most optimal hacking literature:
- Determine Your Purpose,
- Check for Updated Content,
- Hands-on Exercises and Practical Knowledge,
- Review the Author’s Credentials,
- Ethical Emphasis,
- Look for Reviews and Recommendations,
- Coverage of Tools,
- Include Fundamentals,
- Additional Resources,
- Cost, etc.
Learn Hacking Books in Hindi
Undoubtedly, We can assist you with that request. If one is seeking Hacking Books in Hindi, there exist numerous volumes that specifically target this readership. Nevertheless, it is imperative to acknowledge that a significant number of highly esteemed publications on cybersecurity are predominantly authored in the English language.
However, it is worth noting that there are translated versions and literary works authored by native Hindi speakers specifically targeting the Indian market. Nevertheless, we should understand that there are no very famous Hacking Books in Hindi that you can try in the Indian market presently.
If you’re looking for Hindi-language hacking books, consider the following steps:
- Visit Local Bookstores,
- Check Online Retailers,
- Online Forums and Groups,
- Review the Author’s Credentials,
- Look for Reviews,
- Ethical Emphasis, etc.
India’s Best Ethical Hacking Books
India has cultivated a number of cybersecurity professionals who have authored works on the subject of ethical hacking with the intention of addressing the specific needs and interests of the Indian populace. Presented below is a compilation of prominent and highly regarded literature on the subject of ethical hacking, either by individuals of Indian origin or specifically designed to cater to the Indian environment.
- “Ethical Hacking” by Ankit Fadia,
- “Hacking with Smart Phones” by Trishneet Arora,
- “Network Security and Ethical Hacking” by Rajat Khare,
- “Web Application Security: A Beginner’s Guide”,
- “Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing” by Vijay Kumar Velu,
- “The Real Hackers’ Handbook: Fourth Edition” by Paul Day,
- “Cyber Security” by Nina Godbole and Sunit Belapure, etc.
How Does Bytecode Security Help?
Bytecode Security genuinely helps many individuals who wish to know more about ethical hacking and cybersecurity-related fundamentals by allowing them pretty helpful ethical hacking training programs under the guidance of many prominent training instructors. In addition to this, Bytecode Security, the Best Cybersecurity Training Institute in India, offers primetime ethical hacking courses through their own study materials that are duly verified by a number of security analysts all over the world.
For more info, you can visit the official website of Bytecode Security or give us a call at +91-9513805401 and have a chat with our highly skilled educational consultants.